Through June 30, 2017, in-region venues that host an ExhibitsUSA show are eligible to apply for $1,000 education and public programming grants. Our region is: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas.
These grants are available to underwrite educational and public program expenses for the purpose of expanding audiences and for engaging scholars/experts tied to EUSA exhibition themes. A limited number of grants of $1,000 per venue will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Grants are made possible with support from the National Endowment for the Arts. Details are below.
- The cultural organization must host an ExhibitsUSA exhibition between July 1, 2016, and June 30, 2017.
- Programs must occur during the hosting period of the EUSA exhibition.
- Public programs must take place in an ADA-accessible facility.
- Programs must:
– Engage the community in the themes/main ideas of the exhibition.
– Involve relevant strategic collaboration with artists, scholars, or organizations in the community related to the content of the exhibition.
- Cultural organizations seeking programming support must apply for support no less than 90 days before the opening date of hosting their EUSA exhibition.
- Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and venues will be notified of the status of their application within four weeks of submission.
- If awarded, checks will be cut to grantees and received three months after submission is approved. Grant payment will be received upon receipt of grant agreement.
To apply, go to our secure submission page at Submittable:
Select “ExhibitsUSA Programming Grant” from the menu and follow the instructions. Note: You will be required to create a user account to submit an application.
If you need additional information, contact:
Kathy Dowell, Director of Arts and Humanities Programming
816-421-1388, ext. 220
kathy (at) maaa.org