|Request for Proposals 2013
ENGAGE US WITH YOUR IDEAS:
|Mid-America Arts Alliance accepts proposals for art exhibitions of existing work to tour nationally through its traveling exhibition program, ExhibitsUSA. Mid-America Arts Alliance, based in Kansas City, Missouri, is a regional arts organization dedicated to creating access to a wide variety of arts and humanities experiences. |We are particularly interested in small to mid-sized exhibitions (approximately 2,000 square feet or 250 linear feet and under) with low security and environmental requirements that can travel via common carrier or van line. (Other proposals will also be considered.) For more information, view our security requirements, especially sections marked Limited, Moderate A, and Moderate B. Your proposal should be clearly written and include the information outlined below. For examples of current ExhibitsUSA exhibitions, click here. Some suggested topics include:
Proposal Submission Guidelines: To propose an exhibition, please submit the following material via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or snail mail. For email submissions, please include the heading “EUSA RFP 2013” in your subject line. To be considered, your proposal must include:
- American Craft Re-envisioned
- American Art and Culture
- Thinking Green: Art and the Environment
- A one-page curatorial statement outlining your exhibition idea and describing the general type and number of works to be featured.
- A preliminary checklist of 10 sample works with images and proposed sources. You may provide a link to these on-line or submit via email. Please limit emails to 7 MB.
- Indicate if your proposed sources have agreed to this proposal.
- Proposals that are artist-focused must include work by multiple artists.
- Artists should not submit a proposal that features only their own work.
Requirements: Work featured in the proposal may be of any medium. Proposals should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Work must already be in existence and available to tour.
- Work must be in good condition and stable enough to tour for at least three years.
- Work may not be sold during the duration of the tour.
- To propose a small show with low security and environmental requirements, 2-D work should be sized approximately 32 inches x 40 inches and smaller (including frame). 3-D work should measure approximately 24 inches and smaller in any direction and weigh less than 50 pounds.
Proposals can be submitted via email (email@example.com) or by mail to Mid-America Arts Alliance, Attn: Michelle Wolfe, 2018 Baltimore Ave., Kansas City, MO 64108. Contact (816) 421-1388 x 217 for more information.